Tapatalk on THF

General site feedback, Suggestions, Questions about the functions on THF, New Features and Feature Requests, Error Reports, etc., etc.
Paul
THF Admin
THF Admin
Joined THF:
14 Apr 2013 19:12
Tag:
'Johnny wants to suck on a coke ...'

Tapatalk on THF

Post by Paul » 14 Jun 2017 03:06

There is no doubt whatsoever that the Tapatalk App has serious security and privacy issues that they themselves appear to be aware of and going back a number of years. In fact the creators of this very Forum Software - phpBB, don't recommend it's use with phpBB Forum Software.

I first installed the Tapatalk Mod on THF in 2013. One of the problems I had back then was that it allowed new members using it to join THF by completely bypassing Admin Verification of new Member Accounts. In short, anyone - spammer or otherwise - could join and they became Members instantly using the App. This persisted right up until the Forum upgrade to phpBB 3.2 in May, when the latest version of Tapatalk was installed and thankfully, this issue appears to have (finally) been rectified.

It also seems that any changes I make to THF - the recent 'Guestview' for example - appear to take quite some time to filter through to the users end of the Tapatalk App. Earlier, I installed the App on my phone to try and ... ** Log In ** to view the rest of this Post
'Life in the Air Age isn't all the brochures say ...'

This Topic has 9 Replies

You must be a Registered THF Member to view the Replies and to Post in this Topic

Register THF Login